Yes, it is again Fairy Tale Friday!
It was time for a bit of levity and as I was brainstorming fairy tales possibilities, this idea came to mind.
And… well – I just had to.
Of course – they are apple pies. And, look closely – Little Red Riding Hood has some apples in her basket.
Day 337 was created in pen & ink and watercolor with a touch of Red Tria Pantone Letraset marker – difficult to get red watercolor that vibrant.
It’s another Fairy Tale Friday!
I cannot believe how fast the days are flashing by right now. Didn’t we just have a Friday?
In the fairy tale The Princess and the Pea, the princess has to prove she is who she says she is by recognizing that she is sleeping on a pea. The moral is not to judge a person by appearances since the princess shows up in the kingdom bedraggled and a complete non-princessy mess.
None of us should ever have to prove our value and substance. We are enough just as we are. Simple.
Day 330 was created in pen & ink.
“That’ll do, Donkey. That’ll do.”
It’s Fairy Tale Friday!
What an amazing modern day fairy tale Shrek is. An ogre who finds true love with a princess who is beautiful on the inside. Shrek goes on quite an adventure all in the hopes of getting his quiet, lonely life back to normal and having his swamp ousted of all the fairy tale creatures.
What Shrek finds much to his surprise is friends and love. It’s an irreverent tale of happiness and life lessons! One of my favorite scenes is when Shrek helps Donkey face his fears – a scene when his heart starts to truly soften.
Shrek helps Donkey over a rickety bridge and says…
“Come on, Donkey. I’m right here beside ya, okay? For emotional support, we’ll just tackle this thing together one little baby step at a time.”
Shrek gets Donkey distracted – he says “That’ll do, Donkey. That’ll do.” His way of saying each step Donkey takes is one more that will get them there together.
All this and the return of “I’m a Believer!” Quite a tale – one that’ll do for sure!
Day 323 was created in ink and watercolor.
In The Studio
1. Countdown – 42 days to The Big Apple Paint-A-Thon!
2. Apple Recipe of the Day – Apple Maple French Toast – on Mad Hungry on the Hallmark Channel!
3. Process Photo of the Day – Send me your Apple Photos – here’s Marisa with an Apple Basket she found at HomeGoods!
4. Check out the new and improved emails from – The Daily Apple! If you haven’t already done so, please sign up to receive apples in your inbox. The New Daily Apple will include information that I don’t post on my blog including art, health, and of course… apples!
About a month ago I posed a question on my Facebook page asking people what their favorite fairy tale was because I was looking for ideas for The Daily Apple and I received some amazing suggestions. Initially I was thinking of doing a week of Fairy Tale Apples but I decided that I would go insane and good ideas might start to get blurred together so…
I will be doing a Friday Fairy Tale apple each Friday from now to the end of my year and I have been really wanting to do Cinderella’s Carriage as an apple instead of a pumpkin.
Doug says I should have made the carriage red or green or yellow even – I can’t win! But to me it was always going to be a golden apple carriage.
A few updates:
1. The Daily Apple will be coming in your emails again soon – I’m working on changing the service so I can get you better information.
2. The Apple-A-Thon plans are coming along. Please make sure to mark your calendars for September 29th & 30th and sign up under separately with the “Contact” tab to receive information specific to the event.
3. Send me your apple ideas! I’ve got another 50 days to go and ideas are greatly appreciated at this point. Feel free to be as creative as possible and don’t worry if you think I have already done your idea – I got an idea from someone the other day and it was awesome and I hadn’t done it yet!
4. If you haven’t joined my Facebook page – I post The Daily Apple there too as well as things about art and health. I’d love to have you *like* me.
5. You guys are all so fantastic – thank you for supporting me through this year.
Day 316 was created in inks and watercolor – and gold metallic!
If you like this apple – you might also like these days too! Day 29, Day45, and Day 127