Ankylosing spondylitis is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation of the joints between the spinal bones, and the joints between the spine and pelvis. It eventually causes the affected spinal bones to join together. This is a simple one sentence about a very complex disease.
For the best information available online, please visit the Spondylitis Association of America at spondylitis.org! Also take a look at the sites below.
Organizations and Groups
- Spondylitis Association of America http://www.spondylitis.org/
- Walk AS One https://walkasone.org/
- NASS: National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society http://www.nass.co.uk
- AiArthritis – https://www.aiarthritis.org/
- ASIF – https://asif.info/
Personal Blogs written by AS’ers
- United Voices For Ankylosing Spondylitis (http://www.unitedvas.com/
- Ankylosing Spondylitis Mom (http://www.asmom-meloni.blogspot.com)
- Endless Trax – https://endlesstrax.com/
- The Faces of Ankylosing Spondylitis – http://thefacesofankylosingspondylitis.com/
If you have a blog or website that you would like included in this list, please contact us via the “Contact Us” page and we will happily add you!